Here's how to add any guests that are missing:
- If you're starting from a Group or Event page:
- Go to "Search by name" and type in their name. As you type, the box will auto-suggest people in your system that matches that name. Select the person that matches.
- If no names match, at the bottom of the auto-suggestion list will be 2 options: "Search on Selectivor" and "Invite User".
First try Search on Selectivor. Enter their name and see if they already have a profile. If so, you can select them and add them to your Directory.
- If they're not on Selectivor, go back to the "Search by name" box, start typing, then select "Invite User" from the auto-suggestion list. Now you can enter their email and hit "Send" and they will be invited. Please note: the email field is very specific and you may not be allowed to hit "Send" if there are extra spaces before or after the email address (this happens sometimes when copying and pasting emails).
- If you're starting from your Dashboard:
- Go to "My Directory" at the bottom. Select the pencil icon to the far right of "My Directory".
- Scroll to the bottom to find 2 options: "Add a Contact" or "Invite a Contact".
- First try "Add a Contact" to see if they already have a profile on Selectivor.
- If not, then then select "Invite a Contact". Now you can enter their email and hit "Send" and they will be invited. Please note: the email field is very specific and you may not be allowed to hit "Send" if there are extra spaces before or after the email address (this happens sometimes when copying and pasting emails).
- Once those invited have created an account, you should see them in the Group or Event Dashboard or you should be able to find them on Selectivor.
- Finally, privacy is important to some people. For people concerned about privacy, reassure them that they can send their information privately by selecting HIDDEN under their profile's Privacy Settings. If they choose the HIDDEN setting, their individual food preferences are included in the final Group or Event food profile, but the origin and identity of that information are NOT revealed. Another privacy technique is to not allow member or guests of a Group or Event see the member or guest list under "Sharing Preferences". For even move privacy, people can use pseudonyms and unique emails on Selectivor to further hide their identity, if desired.
We hope this helps!
Oliver @ SelectivorSelectivor is how we eat together.